Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm back -kinda

Sorry to both of you (i'm hoping) that read this thing. Especially Dana who said she checked every so often. School started and I lost track of this. I will try to do better. I was just talking to a buddy of mine who is at Multnomah Bible in Portland, and his professor who said that scripture was not the inspired word of God. It was inspired to John and Paul and the prophets, but now it has been filtered down through human hands and is not the inpspired word of God anymore. Does this rub anyone else the wrong way? If it is not inspired than what is the point? Or if its partially inspired, that begs the question...which part is and which part isn't?? Alrighty...It was bugging me. G'nite everyone

4 comments:

lazrus2 said...

Wow, what an honor to be at least part of your 'inspiration' to get back at it. I know it can be really time consuming, so I've limited myself as well, but glad to keep you on my 'read list' as you're able to post.
I sure would like to know a little more about that professor's comment since I've known people who have studied at that school!

As far as I'm concerned, 2 Tim. 3:16-17 still has more authority than any Bible college professor, and Paul who wrote it was willing to die to back it up! Peter also called his words 'scripture' as well (2 Peter 3:15-16), and died a martyr's death too! So, I think I'll stick with their word, thanks!
Dana

inWorship said...

Nice to see something there Nevvy!

Yah...that quote rubs me wrong as well and I agree with lazrus. I've heard this argument recently. "Since people have translated and copy after copy has been made...it can't be authentically inspired.

Baloney!!!

It's still God's Word and I am good with that...so is He :)

inWorship said...

By the way...I used ear spelling for bologna...thought it was more dramatic :)

Nevvy said...

I love eer spelling...