Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Christmas Music Confessional

Hey anyone who reads this. I have a huge problem. I love Christmas music. Tomorrow is November 1 tomorrow and the means game on for m our Christmas collection. I always start with Steven Curtis Chapman "The Music of Christmas" I will also take in Israel Houghton and hopefully the new Josh Groban. I openly admit it's a little strange, and most "real" musicians think I am a psycho and its some sort or weird chink in my musical armor. There is a lot of really bad, overdone, no taste kind of Christmas albums out there - and I even listen to most of them. OK....you know the truth now.

Have a holly jolly

Nevvy

3 comments:

inWorship said...

I would actually love to talk to you about this. I want to do some different stuff this season. you up for thinking it through?

maybe we could grab lunch after church one day and talk ideas.

lazrus2 said...

So, is this about your personal Christmas music collection, or for school? I wasn't sure from the way you worded it (you're not an English teacher I can tell--just kidding =).
In any event, my favorite Christmas CD from the past is Selah's "Rose of Bethlehem". There's some good upbeat stuff on it as well as the title song that's really nice. I like the cover photo depicting it too (reminds me of "The Rose"-- another of my favorites from way back =).
As to new Christmas CDs, I just saw in Evangel's catalog that Bebo Norman has one this year, so I'll have to check that out. I like most everything he does, and enjoyed hearing him live last January.
'Sorry to take up more space than your original post, but most of my 'womens quota' words come out this route (and it seems I still end up getting in trouble over them - even with extensive prayer and editing =}!!
'Say, are you interested in the Christmas tree hunt this year? Hopefully it will be Sat. Dec. 1st , so a bit earlier than last year. We're trying to keep that date open anyway. Let us know.
Dana

lazrus2 said...

Nevin,

I don't know if you ever check this anymore, but since I was telling you about Bebo Norman in my previous comment, thought I'd let you know he's coming back this month. He'll be at Mountain Christian Fellowship Mar. 28th for a concert. The tickets will benefit MCF's outreach trip to Uganda.
If you're interested, I think the tickets are available at Evangel now (or let me know and I have a 'contact' who can get them).
Dana