Sunday, August 12, 2007

Jesus colored shades

I have been trying to see people as Christ sees them. I think I have failed miserably. It just seems like this rediculous human nature thing to want to see ourselves as better than someone else. It is never overt for me, somewhere deep inside - in places God knows and I wish I didn't- There are these quiet thoughts. "I'm not like that." "Oh man, I'm glad it's him and not me."
"Wow I'm glad I'm not that screwed up." Truth?? I am like that, it is me, and I am that screwed up. So new plan....

Everyday I am trying to put on my Jesus colored shades. To step back and see people as Christ see them. Equally messed up, in need of grace, and loved deeply by a father in heaven.

Maybe in 20 or 30 years I might start to get a hold of this....

Nev

1 comment:

Tam said...

Hey Nev! Great, great music today! Loved every second - our band ROCKS! Great leadership - thanks!

Now post something already!!!